After the numerous rain storms this summer, many homes have experienced water damage due to overflowing gutters and leaders. Water in your home can ruin the structure along with creating mildew and black mold producing a health risk. Wet wood will attract insects such as termites and carpenter ants.
Be proactive and follow these helpful hints:
1. Clean all gutters and leaders.
2. Connect gutters and leaders to PVC piping to direct water a minimum of 10’ away from foundation.
3. Install drywells to direct water away from home and into ground.
4. Install catch basins to catch surface water and move into ground and away from home.
5. Install French drains to direct water away from patios, gardens and house foundations.
6. Cover all window wells with clear heavy duty plastic. Secure to house making it easy to remove if necessary.
7. Very Important! Clean out existing window wells, catch basins, drywells and French drains. They fill up with dirt, leaves and debris. Clean and inspect several times a year.
8. Purchase and place inexpensive battery operated sensors to notify you of any leaks or water problems. They could possibly save you a lot of money and headaches! You can purchase this item on our site for only $19.99 by clicking here! Or call us and we will ship it out to you right away.
The hurricanes season is upon us we could receive a 2-4” rainfall during a 24 hour period. Are you prepared? Can your home handle a big rainstorm?
If you have any questions or concerns and would like a free evaluation for your drainage problem, call Rain Rich Sprinklers at (631) 423-2211 or click here and ask us about The Rain Rich Drainage Solution.
Rain Rich Sprinklers has been serving Long Island for 30 years. Rain Rich prides itself on providing outstanding service for the best value